November 14, 2023
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Chapter Secretary Marlin Munoz will host the November General Meeting and Training session. Marlin is the Public Works Manager for the city of La Mirada and has arranged for the meeting to be held at Neff Historical Barn, located at 14300 San Cristobal Drive in La Mirada. Marlin has arranged for a meal from Teriyaki Grill which will include salad, veggies, egg rolls, fried shrimp, chicken and beef teriyaki, rice, and drinks.
Our trainer for this session is Kevin Sakamoto with South Coast Lighting & Design, and he will speak on the topic of LED Retrofit Solutions/Lighting Expo.
Kevin will discuss various lighting retrofit solutions:
– LED Retrofit 101: What you need to know
– Lighting applications…why is it important?
– When to retrofit and when to replace?
– LED corn Cobb lamps…what to look for
– Why socket-based retrofits may not always be the best solution
– Globes: Polycarbonate or Acrylic
– When to consider solar lighting as a retrofit option
– Controls…on/off and more.
Kevin has access to manufacturing partners that could set up an Expo for your group. Kevin has companies that are approved by utility companies, Caltrans, and other jurisdictions. This is a great opportunity for our members to meet industry experts who can explain “Approved Product Lists” and how to use them.
Community Equity Programs
Kevin will do a presentation and demonstration of what other agencies are doing to provide equity programs for their communities. Examples include:
– Transportation facility safety improvements
– Wi-Fi access to underserved communities – Park improvements
– Community safety programs
Vendor On A Soapbox: Samarra Dalrymple, Sales Representative with GovDeals
Venue: Neff Historical Barn
Neff Historical Barn
14300 San Cristobal Drive
La Mirada 90638