Value of MSA Membership
What are the benefits of being an MSA Member? This question is frequently asked by those employed by public agencies and vendor individuals. Our Chapter has devoted an entire web page that highlights these benefits. In addition, the MSA’s Executive Board has prepared a document that more thoroughly answers this question. Anyone interested in learning more about the benefits of being an MSA member is encouraged to follow the links below.
What to expect from your membership:
- Monthly meetings throughout Los Angeles and Orange counties at various member cities.
- Periodic newsletters from the Los Angeles and Orange Area Chapter.
- Monthly to bi-monthly workshops or informational programs.
- Annual statewide conference with major educational workshops and equipment displays featuring state of the art maintenance products.
- Regular exchange of ideas, information and experiences.
- Networking with specialized suppliers of public works equipment, supplies and materials.
- Participation in scholarship awards to collegiate students demonstrating outstanding leadership and academic achievement.
- Email notification of upcoming events and employment opportunities.
MSA sponsored training and certification for field employees, including:
- Confined Space Training
- Forklift Certification
- State Certified Traffic Control Classes
- Traffic Flagging Certification
- Basic Supervision
- Concrete Fundamentals
- Pavement Maintenance Strategies
- and much more!